Supporting Barton residents over the age of 50 who need help with GP appointments, and who are patients at Hedena Health or Manor Surgery.
We can support patients living in Barton (Postcode OX3 8 …. or OX3 9 ….) who are
- Aged 50+
- Have no family or friends who can help them
- Need support with NHS Health Centre appointments
Our specially trained volunteer advocates are there to support with appointments and can assist with:
- Making appointments
- Preparing what they want to say in advance of a consultation
- Remembering appointments
- Getting to appointments
- Waiting with the patient
- Supporting them to say what they want to say and to ask questions
- Collecting prescriptions
- Reflecting on what was said and what they need to do next
Getting Heard (formerly Oxfordshire Advocacy) is a local charity based in Barton Neighbourhood Centre with 25 years’ experience supporting Oxfordshire residents to get their voices heard. Our support is free, independent, and confidential.
To make a referral please click here