Getting Heard Mission Statement
Getting Heard exists to support disadvantaged adults, ensuring their needs are expressed and their voices heard, empowering them to have their rights, views and wishes taken into account in important decisions that affect their lives.
Our charity’s aims as set out in the objects contained in the company’s memorandum of association are to:
- Develop advocacy services to address disadvantage experienced by people who need advocacy support and help.
- Assist individuals and groups in empowerment, inclusion and protection of rights though representation of their views.
- Develop and provide coordinated training and education on advocacy and on issues relevant to advocacy.
- Promote the recruitment of volunteers interested in becoming advocates.
- Promote awareness of and understanding of advocacy practice
- Develop and promote good practice standards for advocacy.
- Provide support for providers of advocacy.